The latest sugar alternative product to hit the market is Norbu, is it good, bad and do you believe all the hype? Here is a critical review of the Norbu the natural sweetener
What is Norbu?
- Norbu is a granulated natural sugar that is made from monk fruit (or luo han guo) – used for centuries in Asia
- Sugar alternative
How is it different to sugar?
- 200 x sweeter
- 0.5 calories per tsp compared to 387 calories per tsp
- Almost no glycaemic impact
How is it different to stevia and other natural sweeteners?
- Not as bitter
Is it safe?
- It is certified by Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) for use in both food and beverages.
- It is also fructose free
Why is it mixed with Erythritol?
- Just like stevia is it mixed with Erythritol so it may be used by the spoonful
Can I use it the same way I do sugar and/or other sugar substitutes?
- YES! Use 2/3rds Norbu instead of the amount of sugar you would of used in a recipe, tea, coffee, smoothies etc. (you may find you need even less)
Is it safe for diabetics?
- YES! It is natural & NOT artificial as well as being low G.I
What are its Stats?
Serving Size: 100 g,
Do I believe the hype?
Do you suffer with bad sugar cravings your can't seem to kick? Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can kick your cravings to the curb