Ahhh the dreaded vegetables – you think you’re having an enough by having 5 serves (if you are even having that!) but guess what….it’s not enough!
Ideally 7-9 serves of fruit & vegetables (with 2 of those serves being fruit) are fast becoming the new guidelines. But how on earth to do you more veg into your diet?
Here are 10 simple ways to get you started
1. Cut up carrot and celery (capsicum, cucumber etc.) sticks to snack on during the day with some homemade avocado dip
2. Try a homemade vegetable juice (preferable including the pulp) with a some protein as a snack
3. Make a stir fry with veggies you wouldn’t normally eat, mixed in with the ones you would normally eat
4. Blend or food process veggies into your mince- this works really well for fussy eaters
5. Have an omelette for breakfast instead of cereal with eggs, spinach, tomato and mushroom
6. Try having a green smoothie with spinach as a breakfast option or snack
7. Aim to have 3 different types of veggies at every snack or meal i.e at dinner have broccoli, carrot and cauliflower
8. Try having baked, beetroot or kale chips with some hummus dip as a snack
9. Set yourself a goal to have 1 extra cup of salad to lunch
10. The following week set yourself another goal to have 1 extra cup of vegetables at dinner
For more ways to increase vegetables in your diet contact Sinead at firstname.lastname@example.org